November 05, 2012  08:42 PM
Most Recent Entry
Most Recent Comment
Most Recent Forum Post
May 23, 2012  05:30 AM
Birthday
July 17, 1979

Bio

Hi my name is Lisa and I’m 32 years old.  I began having dysautonomia symptoms almost 4 years ago following the birth of my first son, Lachlan. I am wondering if it began in a milder form prior to this, but the pregnancy and post partum period were very noticeable and I sought help to find out what was happening.  It was a very rough time trying to get a diagnosis (as most of you would probably have experienced).  I’ve officially had diagnoses of neurocardiogenic syncope and postural hypotension.  Have never actually had a tilt table test, but am pretty sure I have postural tachycardia syndrome too as most days my heart rate will increase by 30bpm from lying to standing (between +25bpm on a good day and +70bpm on a bad day).  The doctors are aware I have postural tachycardia but have not officially tested for it and I am unsure if they know what POTS really is.  I have all the classic symptoms and I do sometimes get the blood pressure drop- have seen my bp at 70/40 a few times, but mostly is the postural tachycardia.  Lately I have been having some hypertension too which is new.  I have about 4 lesions on the brain from an MRI high signal lesions but the neurologist does not think I have multiple sclerosis.  Other symptoms specific to me are that my left eye droops when really bad and I often get a very bad occipital headache on the left side predominantly.