PrettyIll.com

Elevated Tryptase and POTS?
Posted: 05 July 2011 03:09 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2011-06-29

My Tryptase has tested high, about 3x the upper limit of the normal range. I have chatted with several ppl who have POTS, and seem to have a Mast Cell disease, but not with anyone else with a high Trypase level. Anyone out there? Have you been tested?

Signature 

Gail
Take good care of yourself!

Posted: 10 July 2011 05:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2011-07-10

I’m not diagnosed with POTS, but had just read a mention of high Tryptase and Mast Cell Disorders. I think I read it on a Mast Cell forum. See this link.

http://mastcelldisorders.wallack.us/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1307797360

Mary

Posted: 31 July 2011 01:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1416
Joined  2011-04-19

Hi Gail, My kids were tested (me next), and came out negative, but as you’ll learn, mast cell dz is a booger to diagnosis. We responded very well to treatment and are now going on prescription Gastrocrom. There is a big movement to change the criteria for diagnosis because more than half of us are missed through traditional testing. You may find the “Patient Experience Letter” at this site helpful:  http://mastocytosis.ca/
Please let us know how your treatment goes, OK?
Big hug,
Diana

Signature 

Dr.Diana, therapeutic optometrist disabled by EDS/POTS/ME/CFS for a decade, now recovered and practicing full-time at POTS Care cheese

Posted: 02 August 2011 01:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2011-06-29

Hi Mary… Thanks! I am aware that high Tryptase is an indicator of Mastocytosis, and am trying to pin down a diagnosis. I just not have ran across anyone else who has both???? Beginning to feel alone here.

Are you of Melungeon heritage? I probably am as well and have done a bit of reading about it. With my high Tryptase finding, I am beginning to wonder if some of the medical problems mentioned are related to Mast Cell Disease.

Dr D… what I have learned is that even if one has a high Tryptase level, it is still hard to get a diagnosis pinned down! Hopefully, thing will improve in this area. Good luck with the Gastrocrom. I have been taking it since last December, and have found it helps with Orthostatic Intolerance, something I really appreciate.

Signature 

Gail
Take good care of yourself!

Posted: 24 October 2011 05:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1416
Joined  2011-04-19
MGC - 02 August 2011 01:41 PM

Hi Mary… Thanks! I am aware that high Tryptase is an indicator of Mastocytosis, and am trying to pin down a diagnosis. I just not have ran across anyone else who has both???? Beginning to feel alone here.

Are you of Melungeon heritage? I probably am as well and have done a bit of reading about it. With my high Tryptase finding, I am beginning to wonder if some of the medical problems mentioned are related to Mast Cell Disease.

Dr D… what I have learned is that even if one has a high Tryptase level, it is still hard to get a diagnosis pinned down! Hopefully, thing will improve in this area. Good luck with the Gastrocrom. I have been taking it since last December, and have found it helps with Orthostatic Intolerance, something I really appreciate.

YES! Gail, I’m noticing some orthostatic improvements, after about 2 months on Cromolyn. I had no place to go but up, you understand. My TTT caused an increase in 87 bpm’s in 10 minutes! Yikes!  smile Diana

Signature 

Dr.Diana, therapeutic optometrist disabled by EDS/POTS/ME/CFS for a decade, now recovered and practicing full-time at POTS Care cheese