PrettyIll.com

Beta blockers…?
Posted: 04 August 2015 01:47 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2015-05-05

Hello! So I don’t have insurance and I’m not on any kind of medication for POTS, but I am in a lot of POTS and EDS groups and I keep reading that everyone is on beta blockers and they don’t help much or provide bad side effects. How come nobody takes Diamox for their POTS? Is it just not widely known yet so doctors don’t prescribe it? Is there a certain doctor I should go to that will prescribe diamox or should I just let whoever my doctor is know about Diamox and the Driscoll Theory?

Posted: 04 August 2015 03:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1416
Joined  2011-04-19

Hi Lindsey,
Diamox is used for high intracranial pressure—which is often found in POTS patients (though not always!). If you have symptoms of high intracranial pressure, it may be helpful for you. When discussing it with your doctor, it may be best to approach it from your symptoms—does that make sense? If you have no symptoms of high intracranial pressure, it may not even be something that pertains to you.

Signature 

Dr.Diana, therapeutic optometrist disabled by EDS/POTS/ME/CFS for a decade, now recovered and practicing full-time at POTS Care cheese

Posted: 04 August 2015 05:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2015-05-05

Oh I see! I think that I do have symptoms of high intracranial pressure. I always have clear fluid coming out of my nose when I bend over or exert myself, and I get really bad pressure headaches when I work out or bend over or cough really hard /: