PrettyIll.com

Does anyone get numb, tingling arms while sleeping that cause joint pain in the elbows or hands? This is a new symptom for my EDS. Can’t figure it out
Posted: 11 October 2015 06:31 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2015-10-11

Does anyone get numb, tingling arms while sleeping that cause joint pain in the elbows or hands? This is a new symptom for my EDS. Can’t figure it out!

While sleeping I have noticed my arms go numb and tingly. I figured this out after noticing pain in my thumbs that have affected my function of the thumb(s).

Posted: 11 October 2015 11:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Rank
Joined  2015-10-11

Yes, Sometimes I have such kind of issue

Signature 

Buy Bimatoprost | Buy Generic Latisse

Posted: 12 October 2015 04:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Joined  2015-10-12

Try sleeping with your arm straight. If you move a lot in your sleep wrap a towel around your elbow to make your arm straight. I have ulner nerve issues in my right elbow and this helps.

Posted: 20 October 2015 10:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2015-07-31

Somewhat related, and quite interestingly, my hands sometimes go numb and tingling when I experience more intense sexual pleasure. I don’t feel any pain, though. Anyone experience that?

Posted: 22 October 2015 10:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2015-06-07

My hands started going numb while sleeping about 5 or 6 years ago. Recently the numbness spread from just my hands to my entire arm. I think it’s (for me) from sleeping on my side, and partially related to osteoarthritis in my shoulders. I try to stay sleeping flat on my back. It helps with both the numbness/pain in my arms and hands, and also with my neck and back pain.

Posted: 14 November 2015 06:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  734
Joined  2012-04-17

For me, I discovered it was my head position that was causing it. My pillow was pushing my head into flexion (chin down) position which, combined with my craniocervical instability and low lying cerebellar tonsils, which were eventually diagnosed, was causing these sensory changes.

Read more at
http://prettyill.com/forums/viewthread/59/P15/#887