PrettyIll.com

Diamox and Tilt Table
Posted: 06 January 2016 11:35 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2015-11-18

Hi All, 

I just started Diamox today, I have a tilt table test referral pending so I’d guess I will be having it to confirm POTS in the next 4-8 weeks. I don’t want any medications to interact with my results as it has been nearly 18 months and I need this test to show my POTS reactions. Would it be advisable to take a break from Diamox for the tilt table test and if so how many days before should I stop?

Thank you

Posted: 06 January 2016 12:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1416
Joined  2011-04-19

I would stop 2 days prior. Please let us know how you do!

Signature 

Dr.Diana, therapeutic optometrist disabled by EDS/POTS/ME/CFS for a decade, now recovered and practicing full-time at POTS Care cheese

Posted: 06 January 2016 01:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2015-11-18

Thank you so much Diana, you’ve put my mind at rest so I can take the Diamox without worrying. I have to tell you that without your research I wouldn’t be taking Diamox at all, my neurologist agreed after reading your POTS Care brochure that it could help. Unfortunately I’m signed off back to my GP so if it works for me I will be pursuring a solid diagnosis with a different neurologist. Thankfully the POTS is unquestionable and cardiology are behind me, they just need to tilt table for confirmation. I just wanted you to know how grateful I am to you for your work, it has really been a beacon of hope through a tough time.

Posted: 06 January 2016 04:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1416
Joined  2011-04-19

Thank you so much for your kind words. I’m glad that my (incredibly lengthy) journey can be of help for you. You are also the first person I’ve heard from who commented on the POTS brochure. Awesome! I’m so glad you and your doctors found it helpful. wink

Signature 

Dr.Diana, therapeutic optometrist disabled by EDS/POTS/ME/CFS for a decade, now recovered and practicing full-time at POTS Care cheese