PrettyIll.com

migraines!
Posted: 20 February 2016 10:12 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2016-02-20

Hi, Im new here.  I have 2 kids ages 11 and 14 with pots.  My 14 y/o son gets horrific migraines lasting a week every month, but has been stuck in one for 2 months now.  He has other pots symptoms (insomnia, lots of gi issues, headaches, exercise intolerance, fatigue) but with this migraine he cannot function at all.  We have tried every preventive and abortive imaginable, nerve blocks, botox, er, cefaly, etc.  Trying to find link between pots and migraines and how to help?  Any new ideas? 
My daughter is 11, has constant stomach pain and dizziness.  I fear she is following the same path :(

THanks!

Posted: 20 February 2016 07:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  734
Joined  2012-04-17

Hey, just wondered if you’d considered a magnesium deficiency, with regard to the migraines ?

Posted: 21 February 2016 10:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Joined  2016-02-20

Thanks, we supplemented with magnesium and they have done magnesium infusions with no luck.

Posted: 21 February 2016 11:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  734
Joined  2012-04-17

You sound like you’ve done the rounds, so you probably know that GI issues often cause vitamin and mineral deficiencies. Tell me does he remember to take a B vitamin supplement daily ?  I think vitamin D deficiency may have been linked to migraines too.

Is he hypermobile by any chance ?  It could be his head position aggravating things - chin down is bad, head pushed forwards by pillow is bad too.  Have you tried him with a ‘cushtie’ type horseshoe-shaped neck cushion, for when he’s sat relaxing.  I recommend that a fastener of some sort be sewn to the front ends, so it can be closed to form a circle around the neck, it gives better head support that way.

Posted: 21 February 2016 03:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Rank
Joined  2016-02-20

Thanks!  We are working with an integrative doc to look at vitamin/mineral balances etc.  I’ll have him try to horseshoe pillow tho!

Posted: 26 February 2016 07:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2016-01-22

Things that help my migraines: drinking 64oz water per day, taking HCl capsules with meals, avoiding histamine-heavy and histamines releasing foods and inflammatory foods (sugar, dairy, gluten,  nuts, chocolate, fruits and juices, vinegar, malt, limiting meat), and taking a probiotic with meals. If I slack off on any of that…BAM, migraine.