PrettyIll.com

PICS - DENTED FINGERNAILS / UVEITIS?
Posted: 07 April 2017 08:41 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  189
Joined  2012-02-18

Does anyone have dented and discoloured fingernails? I am just wondering what this means. I’ve been going through a flareup and I feel that these ‘indentations’  happened during the flareup and could be a clue as to what was going on in my body.  Any and all feedback is welcome. Just some background information, believe it or not I am still waiting to get diagnosed with dermatomyositis.  I also have some eye inflammation, redness, dryness, sensitivity to light in my eyes oh and purple swollen eyelids which coincides with dermatomyositis. and I am waiting to see an ophthalmologist. It could be uveitis and the timing seems to correlate with my symptoms -  my flareups mostly in the evenings and overnight.

Image Attachments
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Posted: 11 April 2017 04:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  725
Joined  2012-04-17

Hi MJ,
If I’m not mistaken, those horizontal ridges are Beau’s lines.  They occur when you’ve had a bad bout of illness. I recall those being mentioned on the forum before, here’s the post:-

http://prettyill.com/forums/viewthread/14/P45/#2112

Hey your fingernails look like mine!  I also get small roundish pale coffee coloured marks on my nails - weird.

Posted: 11 April 2017 05:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  189
Joined  2012-02-18

Thanks Barbara. I always appreciate your feedback