PrettyIll.com

Hydration and electrolytes on Diamox?
Posted: 18 May 2017 10:46 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2016-12-18

Hi, I am eagerly awaiting my second supply of diamox to arrive to give it another trial. Briefly I abandoned it last time due to side effects and no benefit but think I may have given up too soon.

I wanted to know from anyone with severe POTS/orthostatic intolerance/hypovolaemia, roughly how much did you increase your fluid intake on Diamox to counter the diuretic effects?

Do you still salt load or does the sodium bicarbonate take care of our additional sodium needs in terms of maintaining blood volume?

Also does anyone take potassium alongside it in bicarbonate or citrate form? Currently I take 1 teaspoon of sea salt a day, around 3 litres of water and half a teaspoon of lo-salt which is potassium chloride. I take the potassium in the hope of stimulating aldosterone production (as I produce almost none), and also because I take licorice root which is a natural florinef alternative and can deplete potassium, which I plan to continue taking along with Diamox. (Licorice doesn’t give me the crushing headaches that florinef did).

Any advice much appreciated thanks,

B xxx