PrettyIll.com

Myasthenia Gravis
Posted: 04 October 2012 03:24 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  30
Joined  2012-06-03

Has anyone else ever been diagnosed with this? My eye Dr. thinks I have Myasthenia Gravis.  My eye muscles are all either very weak or paralyzed. My throat seems sslightly affected. I am such a nervous wreck since this appointment because she mentioned this possibility as well as Mitochondrial Disease.  She said time is of the essence and I am already farther progressed than some other patients she has seen : (  Any advise or support is very greatly appreciated.

Ang.

Signature 

Scared Single Mama in MD
32 years old
Oficially diagnosed with Asthma, Neuropathy, multiple Allergies, IBS, Migraines, TMJ, Cervical Kyphosis and Spondylosis, POTS/Dysautonomia and seeking help for totally disabling symptoms (one Dr. suspects MCAS and lupus but no official dx yet)
Mother of a Beutiful nearly 9 yr.old daughter w/autism and epielepsy

Posted: 10 October 2012 08:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2012-08-29

I had the diagnosis for 7 years prior to heading to the Mayo clinic and getting the real story, it wasnt MG. Do you have positive antibodies and have you had a single fiber EMG which will tell the story its its MG. Most cases of MG can be well controlled with mestinon and immunosuppresants. I also had the droopy eye (ptosis) and swallowing difficulties. Make sure you are getting the right test by a center and doc that specializes in MG.

Brent