PrettyIll.com

4 of 4
dermatographia, anyone?
Posted: 05 March 2012 05:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2012-02-25

Never mind smile I just finished reading part 2 of the Driscoll Theory and it answers all my questions and makes so much sense! I have an appointment next week at The Chiari Institute in New York and hopefully I will find out what’s going on in my head and I will make sure to bring up my concerns about my POTS and mast cell disease symptoms. I feel SO lucky that this came out right before my appointment!

Posted: 14 March 2012 02:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2012-02-29
ourfullhouse - 03 September 2011 10:07 PM

I also wanted to comment on the thyroid thread going here. I don’t have nodules, at least not that I am aware of (I do have those weird EDS nodules in my shins… oh what is the name for those? Escapes me now.). But, I am hypothyroid. My doctor treats 99% of his hypothyroid patients with Cytomel, which is just T3. Finds patients feel the best with this treatment.

I have had elevated Reverse T3 for many years (you will find many boards and forums on this), and being treated with T3 does help (the hardest part is finding a doctor willing to treat).  See http://www.custommedicine.com.au/health-articles/reverse-t3-dominance/

Posted: 16 May 2012 03:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2011-06-24

Hello I’m back! I finally finished my thesis all the while struggling mightily with my EDS!

I recently started reacting again to meds prescribed by a new endocrinologist. I thought I was getting hives, but the Dr. said it was acne and my MD said it was Acne and so I threw a mini fit and demanded a referral to see a dermatologist. Within a minute of looking at my skin the dermatologist said I had dermatographia and suggested histamine blockers. Due to reactions to some meds we settled on Claritin 2 x a day. I was almost speechless and in tears simply because the Dr. never even questioned the fact that I was having reactions. I have been so much better. Unfortunately I am unable to take any of the acid inhibitors due to severe restless leg like pain. I do not have restless leg symptoms unless I am on GERD meds. Amazingly I have not had even 1 incidence of heartburn or gerd since I began the Claritin 2 x a day sometimes I have gone up to 3 x a day. The suspicion is a mast cell issue in my gut. My IBS symptoms have also been relieved. I have gained a few pounds, but attribute that to switching diabetic meds not the Claritin.

Now I can work on my diabetic meds, the parathyroid/ thyroid issues, the low vit d and help for my low energy!

Posted: 22 May 2012 06:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  511
Joined  2012-04-17
Birdbrained - 26 June 2011 09:44 PM

Also… I have frequent ovarian cysts. They HAVE to be related.

Hi,
Funny you should mention ovarian cysts, I had a dermoid ovarian cyst removed when I was only 11 years old.  I remember they told me it was rather unusual at that age . . . . . .
Barbara
(UK)
Head & Neck Injury 2002, POTS, EDS, CCI (with PG & CS), WAD, Empty Sella, Peripheral Vestibular Dysfunction, Mild Radiculopathy & small fibre neuropathy (right leg & foot resp.)

Posted: 12 July 2012 11:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2012-06-21

Fascinating thread, I too have this. I noticed it when putting up Christmas trees…my arms are all welted for a while, and my husband’s arms and hands are fine.

I just tried it now, but only red lines, no welts. But I am also trying out the H1 and H2 antihistamines yesterday and today, so would that affect it?
Dr. Diana, you mention you worship at the Zyrtec alter twice a day… does that mean you take a double dose two times? We are trying Zantac 150mg every 12 hours, as doc said, and then doubling the Zyrtec. But she didn’t say how. I assume it is 20 mg instead of 10 only once a day?

Today is day two.
thanks,
Terri Lynn

Posted: 05 November 2012 01:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1038
Joined  2011-04-19

This thread is over 90 days old and will be closed. Please feel free to reopen the discussion by clicking on “New Topic” in the upper right hand corner of this page. Thanks!

Signature 

Dr.Diana, therapeutic optometrist on professional disability, as Patient cheese

4 of 4

punctate keratoderma ››