PrettyIll.com

Update on Ketotifen
Posted: 20 February 2013 02:19 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  28
Joined  2012-12-03

Just a quick update for people thinking of trying Ketotifen for mast cell treatment.
I was super sensitive to any type of meds and couldnt tolerate ANYTHING! Even anti biotics, which was scarry because sometimes you just have to take them!!! Anyway i am on Ketotifen twice a day and my drug sensitivity is still an issue (it always will be with POTS and EDS) but no where near as serious, and i am feeling a bit better energy wise and my nausea has been helped. So for me it has helped. Its worth giving it a go in my opinion, i had to start off slow, but I am on 2 full tablets a day now, which i didnt ever think i could ever get up to. So it shows you some pills are worth sticking with.

Signature 

POTs, EDS III, Chronic migraine, vulvodynia, MCAD

Posted: 21 February 2013 11:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1421
Joined  2011-04-19
diamondcut - 20 February 2013 02:19 PM

Just a quick update for people thinking of trying Ketotifen for mast cell treatment.
I was super sensitive to any type of meds and couldnt tolerate ANYTHING! Even anti biotics, which was scarry because sometimes you just have to take them!!! Anyway i am on Ketotifen twice a day and my drug sensitivity is still an issue (it always will be with POTS and EDS) but no where near as serious, and i am feeling a bit better energy wise and my nausea has been helped. So for me it has helped. Its worth giving it a go in my opinion, i had to start off slow, but I am on 2 full tablets a day now, which i didnt ever think i could ever get up to. So it shows you some pills are worth sticking with.

Thank you for mentioning this, Diamondcut! We love Ketotifen at our house! wink

Signature 

Dr.Diana, therapeutic optometrist disabled by EDS/POTS/ME/CFS for a decade, now recovered and practicing full-time at POTS Care cheese

Posted: 28 February 2013 06:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  124
Joined  2011-08-29

How are you getting your Ketotifen RX? Canada? And if so, how does that work? My doctor would write for it, I just don’t know how/where to get it. Also, what is the cost, approx?

Thanks!