PrettyIll.com

Crowed teeth
Posted: 18 April 2013 04:26 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2013-04-02

Hi as a child when getting my adult teeth through I had a very crowed mouth, this lead to a lot of teeth being removed to make room in my mouth, dispite this I still had very over crowed and crocked teeth. I had braces as a teenager to straighten them, they move very quickly, my dentist at the time was amazed at how quick and easy they moved. However when the braces came of they just moved back, and were “loose” if I put my tongue on the they would move in their sockets! I could feel them shift, but this was not visible to the eye, so nobody believed me, They ended up more crocked than before, it doesn’t bother me, I have grown to love my unusual nashers. I just wondered if anyone else had a similar experience?

Posted: 19 April 2013 10:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2012-04-08

Hi,

I have had a couple of upper premolars removed because of crowded teeth when I was about 10 or 11 years old when an upper incisor decided to grow towards my nose instead of downwards. At the first check-up after the surgery my orthodontist commented that my tooth was going too fast, so I had to use different elastic bands in my braces so they wouldn’t pull that hard. My lower wisdom teeth are also removed because there wasn’t any room for them. I still have crowded teeth and they’re somewhat loose but that is because I had a severe periodontitis twice due to which I finally lost a molar as well.

Kate

Signature 

If windmills don’t exist, howcome I see them all the time?

Posted: 20 April 2013 04:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2013-04-02

Hi Kate
Thanks, sound very similar, I expect the gums are softer than normal, a bit like the soft skin, my Dentist didn’t slow things down or anything, but then it is probably an advantage to him that they moved so quick, it was done on the NHS, so me being a quick case, makes room for others?. I had no idea then that I was any different from anyone else. But looking back, it all fits in! I also have very fragile gums and roof of the mouth, if I eat anything just a little crunchy,like a pack of crisps (chips in the USA) then the roof of my mouth and or gums just rubs of and is very sore, if I eat something too hot, then a larger area usually of the roof of my mouth just peels of, leaving a sore area for a few days.
Hope you have a lovely day and thank you for you reply.

Posted: 28 April 2013 11:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Rank
Joined  2012-04-08

Thanks. Same thing here! I’m eating fried potato slices instead of sticks nowadays and even banned crisps. I got fed up with getting a sore blood blister, that would hurt for a week, on my palate every time.

Have a nice day,
Kate

Signature 

Posted: 30 April 2013 07:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  69
Joined  2013-02-12

If y’all have EDS I guess this is part of all of the symptoms we get to endure. My mouth and tongue always feels raw like it was burnt or like I ate a bunch of hard candies and my big tooth occasionally gets loose but every day ALL of my teeth throb, I don’t know what can help this, I do remember that my grandmother on my EDS side of the family got full dentures early as a senior.

Posted: 30 April 2013 08:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Rank
Joined  2012-04-08

Might be the case, I was diagnosed with JHS/EDS-HT.

Kate

Signature 

‹‹ Skin      help ››