PrettyIll.com

Chest pain
Posted: 05 July 2013 06:59 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  215
Joined  2013-05-17

I have been having chest pain for at least 6 months.  I get an awful pain in the center of my chest that come one without cause.  Most of the time I am at rest, but, the episodes have gotten longer and more painful.  I am currently sitting in the ED, because I had an episode so painful I could not tolerate it.  My husband called EMS, but I brought myself to avoid the large bill for an ambulance ride.  I saw a cardiologist in June and the echo did not show anything significant.  Any advice or recommendations?  I have the feeling I am going to be told I am “normal”.

Signature 

Lab-Scientist-Lady smile
(Texas)

Posted: 07 July 2013 10:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2013-02-02

I have the same thing. Everything comes back normal. I am on a low dose of propranolol (10 mg. twice a day) and it controls it for the most part. I can not have ANY caffeine, that is an automatic trigger for me. I do have Mitral Valve Prolapse but it’s not bad at all so they said the pain is not from that just from POTS. Do you have POTS?

Posted: 08 July 2013 12:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  34
Joined  2013-04-07

i have chest pain all the time magnesium seems to be helping. i also have supraventricular tachycardia, a-fib, average heart rate 96 bpm, pvc’s premature atrial beats, maximum heart rate 214. even with all this i was told i’m a woman and they do not have heart problems. i see a cardiologist at the cleveland clinic on the 18th of this month hope i get a better.

Posted: 09 August 2013 08:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  215
Joined  2013-05-17
Ashton7987 - 07 July 2013 10:23 PM

I have the same thing. Everything comes back normal. I am on a low dose of propranolol (10 mg. twice a day) and it controls it for the most part. I can not have ANY caffeine, that is an automatic trigger for me. I do have Mitral Valve Prolapse but it’s not bad at all so they said the pain is not from that just from POTS. Do you have POTS?

I I don’t know yet if I have POTS.  I think I probably do.  I was told the chest pain is due to the joints along my rib cage.  I don’t know if I believe it, because I continue to have pain and it is severe at times. 

Signature 

Lab-Scientist-Lady smile
(Texas)