PrettyIll.com

Meeting with a Cardiologist for the first time tomorrow, any advice?
Posted: 23 July 2013 03:22 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2013-07-15

Hi there,
I am meeting with an actual cardiologist for the first time tomorrow. I have very bad orthostatic intolerance. I have also had tachycardia, hypotension, and fainting. Any advice for what to say/show the doctor to get them to give me a tilt table test? I know if I can do a tilt table test I can get a diagnosis and try something like beta blockers that may help.

Signature 

Warmly,
Robynne
aka: “Undiagnosed in San Francisco”

Posted: 27 July 2013 07:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1416
Joined  2011-04-19

Hi Robynne, I know that you and I just had a consult (I enjoyed speaking to you, BTW!), but for others who may be wondering, if you “fail” a poor man’s tilt table test, that would be ‘helpful’. I could pass a poor man’s tilt table, but HOLY COW, I couldn’t pass the ‘real’ one! As I mentioned, I begged my neuro for a letter for them, suggesting that they test me for autonomic dysfunction and include a TTT. I had the letter in hand, but it turned out, I didn’t really need it after all. Oh, perhaps you could stand up AND FAINT in front of the doctor. Perhaps that would help? wink It’s amazing the hoops we have to jump through to get tested! Jeez Louise! Let us know? wink

Signature 

Dr.Diana, therapeutic optometrist disabled by EDS/POTS/ME/CFS for a decade, now recovered and practicing full-time at POTS Care cheese

‹‹ Chest pain      My story so far... ››