PrettyIll.com

Disability
Posted: 03 September 2013 02:13 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  215
Joined  2013-05-17

I can no longer work?  Any tips and advice for getting disability?  I am fearful that I will not be covered because of my age, and that EDS is not well known.  I have three kids and with all my health problems and need the coverage.
Thanks,
Shonda

Signature 

Lab-Scientist-Lady smile
(Texas)

Posted: 06 September 2013 02:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2013-02-02

Unfortantly, that is what I am struggling with right now. My age & that EDS is rare. I am on my third time applying for disability. I was just denied again at the appeal level and am waiting a hearing which is another 12-18 months out here in WV. It has been since Oct. 2009 when I first applied. :( Most stressful thing I have ever been with. Go to your state’s legal aide office for help, contact your congressmen, and get an attorney!!!

Posted: 06 September 2013 03:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  215
Joined  2013-05-17

Thanks.  I am sorry it taking you so long.  Your story is similar to what I have been reading. :-( .  As if EDS is not enough to deal with.confused

Signature 

Lab-Scientist-Lady smile
(Texas)

Posted: 10 September 2013 05:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2013-09-08

I havent applied yet, But when i do, i am getting a disability lawyer. That is the best advice i can give you. you dont have to pay them up front, they will keep a percentage of your disability backpay. From everything i have researched, it is SO worth every penny. Ive known people who have been appealing for 5-10 years for disability.