PrettyIll.com

Is The Driscoll Theory helping People?
Posted: 13 December 2013 12:34 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2013-12-13

Hi my girlfriend has EDS and POTS as well. I was reading and saw the video on The Driscoll Theory. Are there EDSer’s on here that have tried some of the suggestions included there-in? And have you noticed positive ( or negative ) results? And Dr Diana I’ve noticed you comment quite regularly on these posts your input would be very welcomed.Thanks!

Posted: 14 December 2013 03:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1418
Joined  2011-04-19
EDSSUCKS - 13 December 2013 12:34 PM

Hi my girlfriend has EDS and POTS as well. I was reading and saw the video on The Driscoll Theory. Are there EDSer’s on here that have tried some of the suggestions included there-in? And have you noticed positive ( or negative ) results? And Dr Diana I’ve noticed you comment quite regularly on these posts your input would be very welcomed.Thanks!

Hi Mark, it sounds like you missed most of the drama involved in part two of The Driscoll Theory book? grin The theory has continued to evolve, and I hope to re-release the book soon, with more information and results of numerous in-house clinical studies to help you and your girlfriend. Meanwhile, you can check on my website under “Additional Resources” for a couple of folks who have been with me through this journey and understand how many people it has helped. Google may be of some assistance, as people around the world have worked with their doctors to lower their intracranial pressure with great success. Interestingly, mast cell activation is now considered part of mainstream science, and is no longer a theory. My research continues concerning our vascular irregularities, their causes, our potential to develop thromboses, and how to improve both blood flow and CSF flow. Although I reached out to many patients on Inspire, sadly, all posts concerning The Driscoll Theory were deleted. :( Unfortunately, there can be an ugly side of medicine, but rest assured, we move ahead to try to help everyone who suffers from this and other neglected “invisible illnesses”. Hang in! wink

Signature 

Dr.Diana, therapeutic optometrist disabled by EDS/POTS/ME/CFS for a decade, now recovered and practicing full-time at POTS Care cheese

Posted: 14 December 2013 05:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  734
Joined  2012-04-17
EDSSUCKS - 13 December 2013 12:34 PM

Yes, I am on both aspects i.e. Diamox and the z/z protocol (Zyrtec & Zantac) and I have seen resolutions to some of my symptoms. I don’t have my symptoms list in front of me so I will just mention briefly the positive changes

Diamox - alleviated the eye pain, reduced the tinnitus
  Cetirizine (Zyrtek) - helped me dream again (yey!), cleared up some rough skin
  Zantac - stopped my persistent indigestion/gastric reflux

There’s more but those are the issues that spring to mind and that I noticed almost immediately.
Barbara
(UK)