PrettyIll.com

Hair analysis?
Posted: 05 January 2014 05:48 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2013-12-14

Is anyone familiar with or had a hair analysis done? I am a hair stylist so this test was one of the first we did on my daughter. Hair being soft tissue and storing info and all…but i can not seem to get any of her doctors to even look at it! If i knew how to post a pic of it i would, but i dont. Her copper levels were extremely high. The whole chart was a mess. She was either low or high, all antogonist of each other. Should i just throw it away and move on? I know eds has no cure but wouldnt balancing minerals help? Or is it even possible(bio-unavailable)?

Posted: 06 January 2014 10:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1042
Joined  2011-04-19
mygirl - 05 January 2014 05:48 PM

Is anyone familiar with or had a hair analysis done? I am a hair stylist so this test was one of the first we did on my daughter. Hair being soft tissue and storing info and all…but i can not seem to get any of her doctors to even look at it! If i knew how to post a pic of it i would, but i dont. Her copper levels were extremely high. The whole chart was a mess. She was either low or high, all antogonist of each other. Should i just throw it away and move on? I know eds has no cure but wouldnt balancing minerals help? Or is it even possible(bio-unavailable)?

Hi mygirl, High copper levels should ABSOLUTELY be addressed! You may have better luck by approaching it in the more “traditional” manner. Eye doctors often see a rusty iron (copper) color in the cornea—we call it Kayser-Fleischer ring, and these patients MUST be evaluated for Wilson’s disease, and other conditions resulting in high copper in the body. I know a handful of patients who exhibit high copper with hypermobility/POTS. Please don’t drop this finding! A geneticist may be able to help by determining if she has a genetic disorder resulting in high copper levels. This is important… Will you let us know how she’s coming along? wink

Signature 

Dr.Diana, therapeutic optometrist on professional disability, as Patient cheese

Posted: 31 January 2014 02:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Joined  2013-12-14

In case im doing it wrong…i posted some of her results under new topic. It keep saying clinical trials closed on my new topics:) homozygous mthfr a1298c

Posted: 31 January 2014 08:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1042
Joined  2011-04-19

mygirl, Did her doctors say that was the cause of her high copper levels (am I understanding you correctly)? Thanks!

Signature 

Dr.Diana, therapeutic optometrist on professional disability, as Patient cheese

Posted: 31 January 2014 08:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Rank
Joined  2013-12-14

No, all she told me was that she would need to take methylated folate and b12.
I took your advice and had her do a micronutrient blood draw test. But it does lead me to think im on to something that could lead to some preventive or at least assist her to be in better health. Im hopful. I will write down the list of the things you told me to ask! That way i wont forget:) Do you think the copper is related to that mutation? Any thought on the Iga being 27?
Im reading and watching as much of your research as i can, but im behind! Im trying to get your book but i know you took it down and i understand. The library thought they might be able to get it for me from another library they found it at.

Posted: 31 January 2014 08:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Rank
Joined  2013-12-14

She also has a eye appt coming up that i will address the kf ring with her.