PrettyIll.com

My daughter does not sweat…any suggestions for approaching her doc so she takes this serious??
Posted: 22 January 2014 09:46 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2013-12-14

So…since our dec 9 visit to a geneticist, per his advice we have been trying to give her 64 oz. of water and more salt. I think this is a weird “script” but what do i know…I look at her urine everyday to tell what she may need more of, per Dr. D’s video! Seems ok there.
I would think that uptake in water and just a pinch of natural sea salt once a week, should produce SOME SWEAT!?! She does physical therapy every day and some of it is cardio(not much cuz she freaks out about being to hot). I do the pt as does her 11 yr old sister. We sweat! Her peers sweat, WHY DOESNT SHE???

Posted: 22 January 2014 11:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1421
Joined  2011-04-19

Has she had a QSART test or thermo-regulatory test? Any of the ‘traditional’ autonomic testing? It sounds like she may need it… These tests, in conjunction with others, will help determine if she has a neuropathic POTS, for which treatment may be quite different. I know it is hard to “push” some of our doctors, but it may be in order… Let us know? wink

Signature 

Dr.Diana, therapeutic optometrist disabled by EDS/POTS/ME/CFS for a decade, now recovered and practicing full-time at POTS Care cheese

‹‹ Hair analysis?      Homozygous MTHFR A1298C ››