Jaynie did not have the surgery because she got sick. But, the good news is, my persistence has paid off and instead of waiting until June to see the geneticist, we are now going this Wednesday. I will feel so much better about proceeding with surgery after I have his opinion on this matter. One small victory.
Many have judged that I have put way too much thought into a ‘common’ tonsillectomy. But I argue a surgery is a surgery, with potential life changing effects, plus while it may be a ‘common’ surgery, my child is anything but!