NEW STUDY! Parasym Plus™ for Multiple Sclerosis › Forums › PrettyIll.com Discussion › EDS/MS/Chiari › Could someone please explain this upright MRI finding › Reply To: Could someone please explain this upright MRI finding
1. Do you know what this gap means?
2. I’ve done some Googling, and I believe it’s the ‘atlanto-occipital gap’?
3. Btw, why do you ask if I’ve been in an accident? Is this not related to EDS?
4. I’ve had the report back from the upright MRI, and there’s no mention of this ‘gap’. How was this missed?
To answer your questions:
1. The gap means that the elements between the two structures are likely being stretched
2. Yes, occipital refers to lower back of head, atlanto refers to the atlas which is C1, the top neck bone, the bone the head sits on.
3. I asked if you’d been in an accident because with EDS the gap is generally more uniform and usually less obvious.
4 Just search online for ‘missed craniocervical injuries’ and you will see that it is commonly missed!!!